Tuesday, August 18, 2009

SUGAR GLIDER (GARY BAINBRIDGE)

A bit of a break from the 24 minute comics here, this is the result of learning about Sugar Gliders earlier in the week and reading a couple of graphic novels by the wonderful Darwyn Cooke. For those of you keeping score, the comics in question were The Spirit and Parker: The Hunter, which is possibly the most satisfying comics adaptations from a novel I've read. You really should invest.

So understandably, a marsupial themed, Darwyn Cooke inspired superhero appeared in my sketchbook during that comics night.



- Gary

5 comments:

thismeanswaugh said...

Aw, that's lovely mate.

I was admiring the black and white version of that during the night.

Gary said...

Lovely? She'd rip your eyes out and urinate on your arm.

Cheers, Andy, I'm still getting to grips with all this colour business.

thismeanswaugh said...

Arm-ripping and inappropriate urination are what I look for most in a woman...

Gary said...

I'm really looking forward to Coupledom coming out now.

Paul Thompson said...

Splendid!
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=sugar+glider